Tuesday, July 2, 2013

ARF Animal Rescue Fair 2013

A few weeks ago I helped at ARF Animal Rescue Fair. I had fun. I helped at the Save The Horses booth. I helped with making money for the horses. I told the people about the dwarfs and handed out treats. They had to pay 25 cents for treats.  I also helped give the dwarfs a bath so they looked pretty.

We walked around to visit other animals. There were cute kittens, dogs and rabbits. I also got to help the booth beside us and walk the dogs. I got to meet the Milton Large Animal Rescue guys. I learned how they rescue horses. We learned about other shelters and organizations that help animals.

While we were there it started raining. And then Willow started jumping around because she was frightened. I was scared too. Then it stopped and it was really sunny.

I got some goodies at the fair. Petco gave me a bag with fan and tennis ball. I got a frisbee, lots of candy, pin, magazines and animal crackers. At the Save The Horse booth mommy bought me a tshirt, keychain and horseshoe.


10 Organizations in GA you can help or adopt cute pets from:
1) Adopt a bunny at The Rabbit Center
2) GA Center for Humane Education - a group dedicated to Character Education they speak to schools and groups that seek Humane Education.
3) Atlanta Weimaraner Club Rescue
4) Homeless Pet Clubs of America - get your group (homeschool, girl scouts, school, etc) involved in a club where you can sponsor a dog or cat from a local shelter or rescue group. Because of the sponsorship the animal rescue partner promises not to euthanize their sponsored dog or cat. Help save lives and find forever homes.
5) FurKids.org 
6) Save The Horses - my favorite rescue where I spend most of my time. Please consider making a donation to help the many sick or injured horses, even $1 helps.
7) Healing Hoof Prints - a therapeutic facility which utilizes the healing power of horses to meet emotional and physical needs of children, adolescents and adults.
8) Stop Puppy Mills
9) ARF Animal Rescue Fair - hope to see you next year at the fair. It's a great place to adopt the PurrFect pet!
10) PetSmart Charities

The horses at Save The Horses are abused, hurt and have not been fed right. Some of the horses bones are showing. The horses need our help. Please consider making a small donation using my donate button below.



Gwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment